Sunday, February 04, 2007

troon

me and elise


dean castle

scotland. it was lovely. refreshing. we spent two weeks knocking on a lot of doors, trying to talk to people on the streets, and praying. we also went to a prison one day - i know where to go when i'm ready for marriage! i think i've found several willing candidates. heehee.

it was so nice just to be away from the reality of my life. i often trick myself into thinking that where i am, all the time, is reality. make sense? as if life doesn't exist out of my little bubble here in norway. i know there is life other places - in the states, in all the places i love, but it doesn't seem like reality unless you're really there. my reality lately has been filled with lots of tears, frustrated cries to God, wondering what the heck i'm doing next year. but... i've been incredibly desperate for God and i love that. i think He likes that too. i feel more peaceful now after going to scotland - meeting new people, doing things i wouldn't normally do, being part of a different reality. i know that when it's time for me to know what's next, He'll let me know. i have a feeling i'll be totally surprised, but until then i'm going to continue being desperate.

i'm thinking now... i'd love to write a funny story, but honestly - nothing that funny has happened the past weeks. my humor is lacking and it worries me. oh wait - on my myspace i wrote an incredibly sarcastic blog about this man i found on the internet - thought he sounded pitiful. seconds after i pushed "post blog", he commented. aghh!! he thought the whole thing was funny, but it scared the crap out of me! but other than that - nada.
so - here's to the hope of rekindling humor. cheers.

3 comments:

The Strawberry Blonde said...

I love you, Lyndee. All sides. The funny, sarcastic, introspective, serious, spiritual, Dawson's Creek loving-Lyndee.

I'm glad to hear that you are desperate for Him these days. I often think that's the whole point of our "not knowing." Remain in Him. He will show you what's next in His time.

Thinking of you and missing you today...L

Anonymous said...

Lyndee Jo James!
Baby,baby, nice to read that scotland was good,evendough it didn`t surprise me!I want to visit them this year, hopefully i will! I will also pray that you rather will come to haugesund and marry me, insted of a prisoner in scotland...yesda,God bless you my love, I`m doing great in haugesund,it`s both scary and exiting to be a pastor trainee! Hugs from daniel!

Janelle said...

Hey lyndee- I"m glad you had a good time in Scotland. BUt I imagine it's nice to be back in your home. I'm really sorry it didnt work out to meet up with you. It was a bit disappointing. But I imagine you had a great time. Anyway- enjoy the week. I hear it's a busy one, and especially with reunion coming up.
enjoy