i was reflecting on my summer and the only word that can possibly describe it is... redemptive. i went through this horribly depressed time in college that made me seriously doubt how anyone could ever want to actually choose to be around me. but the quality friends i had then are my friends even now. this summer i was able to spend time with friends i haven't been able to really talk to in years. God has redeemed me - with His plan for my life, my friends, overall stability, my family. and it's consoling to know that i can be me now, that i'm no longer afraid to share me and all that comes with that. and it's somewhat reassuring that i'm wasn't the only person who felt lost during those formidable years and that yes, it can all be redeemed.
to sum it up: it was a mighty fine summer.
the only penguin celebrating the 113 degree temp (45C)
view in kansas city
summer flowers
my front yard


2 comments:
Welcome back miss.
Is that your front yard? Flat. That's all I can say. And, it looks actually a bit like here, well, I'm just rambelling.
Sounds like the summer's been good. See you at Worker's Gathering.
hope you made it safe and sound to norway. Im sorry I couldnt make it for the working week. Hope you guys are doing alright without me... I hope to make it back in some weeks... God willing :) Say hi to markus and Helene for me too
Post a Comment