Sunday, July 16, 2006

prison and gray hair

two weeks left in the states and time has flown. i have literally done next to nothing the past four weeks and it's been great. this past week has been a bit busier as i've read lots, laid out, had lunch with a supporter, went to a women's prison for a bible study, and the past couple days i have been in joplin (where i went to college) to meet up with old friends. i began going to the women's prison last summer when i was here and i look forward to it so much. as we got there i was asked to share. i was quite unprepared, but felt i should share from Ps. 91 and 120 -chapters that sustained me in Botswana. after i finished, a woman who had just been transferred to this particular facility that day said that she had re-dedicated her life a few weeks before when a pastor preached from those exact chapters and she really needed to hear them again. God is so faithful!

here's a story. when i went to joplin, i had my hair cut and highlighted. it had been several months, so i was due. i went to this crazy little salon that was painted purple and had a zebra striped claw bathtub on a shelf. it was great. i told stacey, my stylist, that i was really just getting highlights to cover up a few gray hairs (i'm only 26! thanks for those genes, mom.). she said she couldn't even notice them, but when she got to a spot right on the top of my head, she stopped and said, "oh my gosh! you're right! i can't believe all this gray hair! i'm 10 years older than you and this is way more than i have!" (all these exclamation points are needed). thanks, lady. i'm paying you to cut my hair, not comment on it.
here's to growing old with grace (and hair color)...

4 comments:

Janelle said...

A hair cut eh? That sounds about needed for me too. So when exactly do you return from the states? what day and times. Maybe we're around the same.
I hope you're enjoying your last week and a bit. I know mine is rapidly feeling off and possibly becoming quite caoitc. But enjoy

Anonymous said...

Ive noticed that my hair is starting fall out scince i have been home. It's either the Malaria, or Im going bald. We're in this struggle together.

Princess Of God said...

hi!
looking so forward to see you on workers gathering...
in less than four weeks I`m in Ethiopia! that`s sick!!!
love

Janelle said...

hey Lyndee- I dont know when you were flying back to norway. However, I just wanted to let you know I had to cancel my flights- im not sure when I'll be coming in to skien- due to medical things. But ummm... I'll let ya know since i'm supposed to have working week with you. I'll keep ya posted