i just had a visit from pretty much the cutest girl i know. you can check out her blog here. she escapes from her house and before i know it, i hear a little "tap, tap, tap" on our door. i think she may just come because i give her m&m's (i say, "vil du ha en sjokolade?" and her little face lights up), but today we also shared an apple and danced to a little bob dylan. she makes me smile.
i needed to be cheered up today. i received a phone call yesterday from my mom telling me my grandfather passed away. i wasn't particular close to him but felt immensely sad - sad for so many reasons, so many people. i know it's hard to go through death when you encounter it face to face, but when you're thousands of miles away, helpless and somewhat alone because no one knows your history with that person... i really can't put it in words. it consumes my thoughts, yet i want to run from it. God is speaking many things through this.
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'" Psalm 91.1,2
Friday, August 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Sorry to hear about your grandfather... but Im glad to hear that Salome was able to bring you a little bit of joy. Amazing what joy a child can spread. Find rest in the Lord almighty
I'm also sorry to hear about your grandfather. It is so hard to be away from everyone/everything at a time like that.
I would love to chat with you...laugh with you...cry with you...whenever! Call or email. It's up to you.
I love you, friend and am praying His peace upon you today.
just catching up with you Lyndee, my American sister. I am proud of you for being there yet again this year. I think the Lord has big plans. Just be open and be bold. I somewhat wish I was there to see his plans come to pass...but you are there, that is enough. I liked Missouri. Naace Place Yall
Post a Comment