Sunday, February 11, 2007


a sunday morning.


my new best friend. a de-humidifier.


a cold winter's day.

a sunday morning. a long week, albeit a good one. we had teaching with ken helser and this weekend has been our annual ywam skien reunion. 11 people from my dts have been here - haven't been able to spend much time with them, but it's been good to see old friends.

i complained in the last post that i thought i'd lost my sense of humor. well, it's back. yesterday i was at the base talking with people and got ready to go to the shopping center to buy contacts. i put on my coat and looked everywhere for my scarf. couldn't find it so i borrowed one. after shopping for about 30 minutes, i caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. trailing behind me was a long, black, woolen tail. what is lost shall be found.

i will be in skien this week, helping out with a team week and hopefully sending in our visas for india. culture shock has hit the 3 american students, so we'll have an american night at my apartment - complete with chocolate chip cookies, starbucks, and "elizabethtown." wednesday is v-day (some of the funniest high school stories come from 14.02 - complete with pink eye and horrible dates) and a few girls are coming over for fondue, i believe. good times.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I'm glad to see the humour is back in your life. I must admit I've done similar :) And good ol culture shock time. It's the exact timing, same time every year. They have my compassion and understanding. I hope you guys have a great 'american'night and v-day. Sounds like it'll be good.
Keep finding things to laugh about- it makes the day much more fun.

Anonymous said...

I must admit I didn't read your post.. I just visited your blog to write a comment..!

hope you're doing great, lyndee:-)

lots of love

your grape, bengt